Pages

Sunday, April 14, 2013

I planted something!

The garden April 12th with onions

I had to go out of town this weekend, but before I left Friday evening, I planted my onions.

The garden is 20 feet long by 15 feet wide. Being an eager novice, I fell for one of those online garden planner websites where you can drag and drop all the plant pictures you can imagine. So, before I planted the onions, I had to consult the plan and measure exactly six feet from the west end. The plan says the onions are six feet, so the onions have to be at six feet. I never imagined a tape measure would become an important garden tool, but I don't know enough to wing it, so I'm going with the plan. After measuring, I ran a string from one fence to the other to make sure that the onions came out straight. If I didn't get the first row straight, there wouldn't be much hope for the rest of it.

The garden is officially started! Next up, asparagus and peas.

No comments:

Post a Comment